Earlier this month, I celebrated Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland with a playing card nail design. Queen of Hearts approved! Now I’d like to share some of those delicious tarts Alice was desperate to get her hands on. This very quick and easy tart recipe is perfect for a birthday (or unbirthday) party, a tea party, or as an everyday treat! I made mine for a Mother’s Day tea party I put together, which you will see more of later this week.
What You’ll Need:
- pie crust (store bought or homemade)
- raspberry jam (strawberry, if you prefer)
- muffin or tart tin
- powdered sugar
- circular and heart-shaped cookie cutters (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F/200 C.
- First, roll out your pie crust and begin cutting circles out using a knife or, for more precise cuts, a cookie cutter. They should be about 2 to 3 inches in diameter.
- Using the remaining dough, roll out and cut heart shapes to use as a cover.
- After greasing your tins, gently press the crust circles into your tin.
- Spoon a tablespoon of jam into each tart and cover with the heart-shaped lid.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Sprinkle powdered sugar over the tarts before serving.
For more traditional tarts, you can use a homemade tart dough recipe like this one. You only need salt, flour, cold water and unsalted butter. It’s just a bit more time consuming. If you choose to use that dough instead, you can still follow this recipe the same way.