“Why, it is she that has got all Narnia under her thumb. It’s she that makes it always winter. Always winter, and never Christmas; think of that!”
This wintry nail design is incredibly easy and perfect for beginning nail artists. You kind of can’t mess it up! It’s meant to recreate the feeling of Lucy and her siblings walking into Narnia from the wardrobe and seeing nothing but white and snow wherever they turned. That’s pretty much the landscape here in Minnesota right now, but even if it doesn’t snow where you are, you can wear winter on your finger tips!
- light blue or grey nail polish
- white nail polish
- nail stylus or small brush
- Start with painting a base in your blue or grey color. It should be light enough to still look mostly bleak and white, but it’ll allow the white flakes to stand out a bit against the background.
- Once the base color is dry, begin dotting on the white using a stylus, small brush or even a toothpick. Try to spread them out evenly, but random, so that it doesn’t look like a pattern. Make them varied in size with some smaller than others to add a little depth.
- If you want to try something more advanced, you can add the silhouette of a pine tree or even a lamppost against the light background with dark green or black polish.
This nail design is so similar to the amazing Always Winter blanket from the shop Daffodils and Ink on Etsy. Go check it out if you’re wanting to decorate more than just your nails with Narnia this winter!