If the eyes are the window to the soul and the way to a hobbit’s heart is through its stomach, then these nails are the door to the heart. Are you with me still? Don’t leave and I’ll promise to start being less weird. For now. But seriously, how completely adorable are these nails? Their multicolored brightness just makes me so happy to look at.
You might choose to do all green ones, a full set of Bag End doors. Or, like me, you can mix it up with other hobbity colors: yellows, browns, oranges, reds and blues. Either way they’re super cute and super easy to do, even for beginners. If you’re up for more of a challenge, consider adding bricks around the doors and streaks to show the grain of the wood. Or even put Gandalf’s rune on Bag End’s door!
- green nail polish
- gold (or bronze) nail polish
- other assorted colors of nail polish (optional)
- brown or black nail polish
- stylus, fine brush or toothpick
- After a base coat, paint each nail in the door color(s) you have chosen. Allow them to dry.
- Next it’s time for door knobs. As you know, hobbit doors have knobs right in the center, so get as close to that as you can manage with your gold polish. If you’re careful, you might not need to use a smaller brush or tool for this step.
- Once everything has a chance to dry, carefully paint over all with a top coat and dry.
Are you joining in on the #BagginsBirthdayBash on Instagram? Me and the rest of the #TolkienTribe are hosting a week of celebration this week for Frodo and Bilbo’s birthdays on September 22 (Hobbit Day). Come check out our photo prompts, enter our giveaways and watch the LOTR films at the same time as other fans all across the world!