There are a lot of pretty fabulous hair styles in the Game of Thrones HBO show, but there’s Daenerys and then there’s everyone else. Have you ever wished you could wear her braids? Of course you have. Well, now’s your chance! Maybe you’ve got a GoT party coming up for the season 7 premier, or maybe you just want to feel like a badass queen on the daily. Either way, check out the Daenerys-inspired braids below and try them out for yourself! If you want to go full mother of dragons on us, do up your nails with this dragon egg nail art as well.
- Start by brushing out your hair and separating out a large portion at the front of your head where bangs are or would be. Twist that up and clip it out of the way. Also pull up some of the wispy hairs from around your face to leave dangling loose at the end.
- Picking up three strands between your temple and the top of your ear, make a braid that will lay flat and be long enough to wrap around to the back of your head. Temporarily secure it with a hair tie at the end. Repeat on the other side.
- Take out the front section that you pinned up and part it down the middle. Using the same method as the first braids, braid another smaller braid on each side, securing each end with a hair tie.
- When all four braids are complete, wrap the top two around to the back of your head and secure them together with a hair tie, so they are just encircling the crown of your head. Let the loose ends fall out of their braiding.
- Gathering up those loose ends from the top braids, pull the bottom braids around to the back of your head, securing them together with the loose ends a couple of inches below the top braids. The hair tie should be just above the base of your skull.
- Pull out the wispy hairs around your face if you haven’t already and you’re done!
Now you’re ready to take what is yours with fire and blood!
Which of Daenerys’ outfits would you choose to add to your closet if you could?